Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time Embroidery Operator. This position is accountable for processing embroidery orders though preparing garments, running embroidery machines and making quality adjustments as necessary. Support embroidery team as needed with folding, boxing and counting garments, record styles and quantities of garments produced.
- Read orders & embroidery control sheets to identify design and determine thread colors and logo location.
- Change embroidery machine threads including threading needles
- Verify quality and quantity of the clothing and embroidery
- Able to read embroidery control sheets and follow instructions.
- Operate embroidery machine computer
- Adjust thread tensions properly for different fabrics
- Change over machine from hats to flats
- Maintain GCU acceptable standard of quality.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Responsible for set up of the machine, running one sample prior to processing entire order and threading the right colors at each needle.
- Must meet or exceed productivity and quality standards outlined by the company.
- Must properly position the hoops on the garment
- Inspect product for damages or defects.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as embroidery operator on a multi-head commercial embroidery machine
- High School education required
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; pays close attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Professional communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to represent Grand Canyon University professionally.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner and work effectively while under stress.
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well.
- Ability to work as team member in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Work is characterized as 100% standing and moving through stockroom and production space; ability to stand for 8 hours per day.
- Frequently involves lifting and/or carrying or moving boxes of up to 50 pounds from to deliver merchandise to stores and/or in store warehouse.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.