Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cancer Registrar II - Virginia G Piper Cancer Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- ONC Cancer Registry
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 E. 92ND ST
- Work Hours
Will Consider Remote and Out of State - Virginia Piper Network
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Vocational/Specialized training NCRA-Accredited Certificate Program, or 60 college-level credits in a related field Required
Two (2) years related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
NCRA-Certified Tumor Registrar Required
Identifies, registers, and maintains records of all cancer patients by using a cancer registry data system. Analyzes data and releases information in adherence to established ethical standards. Serves as a liaison among the Arizona Cancer Registry, staff physicians, and other departments.
- Abstracts cancer cases and other reportable cases into the cancer registry database in accordance with applicable reporting standards in an accurate and timely manner. Enters appropriate codes and text into the cancer registry software system. Compiles data over time; periodically determines the disease and vital status of the accessioned patients; retrieves and analyzes information from the database and disseminates information in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations and in accordance with professional ethics.
- Assists with Cancer Conferences, records minutes, sets up equipment, conducts the physician-abstract review process, keeps attendance records and recruits cases for presentation. May serve as the team lead, and is subject matter/technical expert.
- Performs case finding by reviewing and analyzing all relative patient information including charts, path reports, imaging reports, radiation therapy records and disease indices for cancer codes to determine case report ability. Provides data to meet standard of care reporting and clinical research needs of the system, accreditation organizations, the medical community, and other approved end users of the data.
- Supports Calls for Data, CP3R updates, RQRS updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.