Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Trials Paralegal
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HHRI Oncolgy Clincl Trial
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies Required
5 years as paralegal (or equivalent experience) with 2 of those years in contract review/negotiation Required
Performs paralegal duties at the direction of General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel. Assumes primary role in the review and editing of Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), Clinical Trial Agreements (CTAs), Statement of Work (SOWs), amendments, subcontracts, and other legal documents pertaining to the clinical research activities of the organization. Drafts, reviews, and revises contracts and interacts with HonorHealth Research Institute stakeholders. Conducts legal and non-legal research and provides analysis of results to the clinical trial research teams and HRI leadership. Performs department administrative functions, including processing of contracts.
Position requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in the legal system, legal terminology and principles, and legal language in clinical trial agreements. Must be creative in problem solving and must exercise analytical and independent judgment. Knowledge of methods and techniques relating to legal research and the use of statutes, codes and other legal resources required. Must demonstrate understanding of ethical and confidentiality requirements. Position requires strong prioritization skills and the ability to manage a large number of competing expectations. Strong professional, verbal, and written communication skills necessary in order to interact with all levels of management, outside legal counsel and other members of legal community. Must maintain and project a high level of professionalism.
- Reviews legal language for CDAs, CTAs, SOWs, amendments, vendor contracts, and other legal documents for the research institute. Identifies legal and business issues with all research contracts. Reviews, revises and drafts contracts under the direction of the Assistant General Counsel.
- Drafts legal documents, agreements, correspondence and memorandums as needed for the Research Institute.
- Conducts legal research and advises the project managers/operation directors of recommended action and/or solutions to issues. Researches laws in statute books, codes, policy manuals and other sources.
- Maintain tracking and prioritization of all research related contracts.
- Participates in the negotiation process with clinical trial sponsors and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.