Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dispatch Operator- On Call- Evenings -Osborn Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- Central Communication
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
- Varied Hours, Varied Days
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
A Central Communications Dispatch Operator is responsible for all security dispatching and HonorHealth PBX phone answering. Uses radio communication dispatch system and computer aided dispatch software for contacting and monitoring security and emergency personnel. Uses a PBX computerized call processing system to receive and direct a high volume of incoming calls, placing outgoing local and long distances calls, announcing overhead requests and paging personal pagers for HonorHealth. Respond to all emergency calls, codes, and alarms following through with appropriate notification and documentation. Ensures compliance with language, tone, and information given over the air; maintains HIPAA guidelines. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, be self-motivated, flexible and maintain a compassionate and pleasant manner in highly emotional situations. Requires the ability to multitask effectively.
- Responsible for provide dispatching and emergency notification services. Monitors and clears various types of alarms received and dispatches personnel as appropriate. Interprets and codes data for transmission, transmit radio messages to security officers. Assigns calls for service to security officers; monitors the security officer’s location and status. Monitors video network wide surveillance as needed and dispatches addition information obtained from video surveillance. Coordinates emergency calls and relays requests and questions from the callers to the appropriate security officer, supervisory/management personnel, departments or emergency agencies. Obtains and transmits identity checks on personnel and vehicles. Responsible for documenting all dispatching activities, to and from security officers, in a computer aided dispatch software program. Reports inoperable equipment for repairs.
- Responsible for operating a computerized call processing system and phone consoles. Direct incoming and outgoing calls to the appropriate destination. Immediately report system malfunctions following established protocols. Respond to customer requests with a high level of professionalism on the telephone or via two-way radio. Comply with patient HIPAA guidelines. Process requests for Language Line phones, TTY phones and video interpretation unit. Maintain radio, cellular telephones, pager and paging equipment; Evaluate equipment operation and troubleshoot problems, perform minor equipment repair or contact the appropriate vendor for repairs. Document activities in accordance to department requirements. Operate overhead paging system according to network standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.