Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Coordinator - Medical Group - Gastroenterology - Thompson Peak
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 20401 N 73RD ST
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is looking for an experienced Patient Care Coordinator for our location at the Grayhawk Medical Plaza near our Thompson Peak campus located at N 73rd Street & Thompson Peak Pkwy. There are 8 support staff and 5 providers at this location providing services for gastroenterology needs. This is a fast-paced clinic that requires the ideal candidate to preferably have at least 1 year of experience, organized, a professional demeanor with a strong work ethic and always making the patient the center of everything we do. The work hours for this role are Monday - Friday; 8am to 4:30p with no call requirements.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year in a medical office Required
2 years experience in the specialty job posted/patient care and/or medical office Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date.. Required
The Patient Care Coordinator is the main patient contact for results, ordering labs and radiology, monitoring treatments and scheduling procedures. This position requires close communication with the providers and giving accurate information and recommendations to patients in a timely manner.
- Schedule, obtain insurance authorization and complete paperwork for radiology and lab procedures as necessary. Provide patient all applicable information regarding their procedure/visit. Receive test results and discuss abnormal results with provider and contact patient to review results. Schedule procedures and follow up visits including educating the patient regarding prep, risk and benefits, as applicable. Obtain cardiac clearance where applicable. Review all medications with patients. Ensure all consent, treatment and compliance contracts are signed and in place. Provide information and coordinate education of patients on therapy, procedures, tests and diagnosis. Obtains referral to other specialties as needed.
- Follow up with patient after procedure/visit to address any problems, concerns or questions regarding the procedure/visit and advise when they will be contacted with results. Communicate any medical problems and concerns to providers and respond back to the patient with provider recommendation. Address all patient contacts with medical needs and discuss with provider as necessary, carry out provider’s recommendations and orders.
- Maintain records of patient procedures, conversations and other pertinent information in patient charts.
- Act as liaison between provider, pharmaceutical companies and other physicians/physicians offices as necessary for continued patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.