Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant - NOAH Clinic - Primary Care - Copperwood
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- NOAH Clinic - Copperwood
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 11851 N 51st Ave, #B
- Work Hours
- M-F, 7am-7pm, shifts vary
HonorHealth is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant for one of our NOAH Clinics. The Copperwood Health Center is located at N. 51st Avenue and W. Rivera Dr in Glendale. This is the perfect place to serve as the hiring manager is a servant leader who grows her team by focusing on personal strengths along with the team creating a family-like work environment that strives to collaborate with one another while providing the best patient care and patient experience possible. There are 15 employees that include the Manager, Supervisor, Nutritionist, Counselors, Behavioral Health Specialist and both Front Office support and Medical Assistants. The ideal candidate will have the option of either working (4) 10-hour days or (5) 8-hour days Monday - Friday from 7a to 7p. A minimum of 1 year experience as a Physician Assistant with experience in Family or Internal Medicine is a must. This is a busy and fast-paced center with large patient panels and a complex patient panel which requires the ability to multi-task, be efficient and up to date on clinical practice guidelines along with being comfortable managing high risk cohorts. Apply now!
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Other National Certification as Physician Assistant, AZ State Licensure as Physician Assistant, Graduation from AMA accredited school for Physician Assistants Required
Licenses and Certifications
National Certification as Physician Assistant Required
Clinical Other\PA - Physician Assistant Arizona Licensure Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
Provides patient services under supervision of a physician. Elicits detailed patient histories, performs physical examinations, gives treatment, prescribes certain drugs and counsels patients on health problems. May suture minor wounds, assist in surgery, apply and remove cast and traction apparatus and performs other therapeutic procedures. Adhere to the organization's credentials Allied Health scope of practice.
Percentage of time spent performing duties varies according to physician and office needs.
- Identifies short-term and long range patient care issues that must be addressed; provides information and commentary on patient condition to physician and makes recommendations. Implements recommendations as approved.
- Interviews patients, performs physical examinations, and obtains information about and updates medical histories.
- Administers or orders diagnostics tests such as x-rays, EKG’s, and laboratory studies. Interprets test results.
- Administers injections and immunizations. May suture or otherwise manage wounds and infections.
- Collaborates with other departments and outside businesses to ensure ongoing continuity of care. Demonstrates understanding of ICA statutes in all communication. Educates related to Federal and state regulatory guidelines and ICA statutes, and OSHA medical surveillance components to ensure compliance with all policies and regulatory programs.
- Remains current on existing and new clinical practices, legislation, and the dynamics of patient management plans.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.