Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Manager-High Needs
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Join the growing and changing Horizon Health and Wellness team under our new Chief Executive Officer and executive leadership team. Horizon Health and Wellness provides quality integrated services to our patients. The agency provides professional opportunities to our staff for growth and development. Our mission at Horizon Health and Wellness is to provide integrated healthcare that addresses the whole person and promotes wellness using best practices to enhance the quality of life of the individuals, families and communities we serve. With our collaborative and innovative approach, we are making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. Join our team of nearly 600 employees who share a passion for our mission and a commitment to service.
When you join our team, you’re making an investment in your potential. We work with each of our employees to ensure they have the tools and resources to provide the very best patient care. From on-the-job training and training offerings to licensing and tuition reimbursement, you can grow both personally and professionally. We are committed to creating a workforce that directly reflects the diversity in the communities we serve. As a result, we actively recruit and hire individuals with various backgrounds, skills and experiences. We strongly believe this dedication to inclusion is the key to providing exceptional care.
The Care Managers main purpose is to ensure their client caseload is provided with the necessary services they need, in a coordinated and effective manner. Responsible for the delivery of case management, advocacy and clinical services to the Children’s Outpatient Department.
- HS diploma or GED plus 4 years in BH or combined BH education and experience with at least 1 year case management experience
- plan and summary based on participant needs
- Carries caseload including individual and group counseling
- Certification in first aid, CPR and CPI Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, home telephone and reliable transportation
- Prior experience in the behavioral health setting
- Demonstrates ability to develop treatment
- Must be knowledgeable of benefit and entitlements process and community resources available
- Willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to effectively use CPI and behavior management techniques in crisis situations
- Demonstrates ability to distinguish between alcohol and other drug-related symptoms and other pre-existing physical problems or pathologic behaviors
- Demonstrates knowledge of how the acute and chronic nature of the chemical/co-dependence and the ways medical, emotional, behavioral, social, educations and other interventions are used to treat the participant
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Experience working in Integrated Healthcare, Behavioral Health or Primary Care environment
- Advanced knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity