Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MD / DO - Developmental Pediatrician
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Join the growing and changing Horizon Health and Wellness team under our new Chief Executive Officer and executive leadership team. Horizon Health and Wellness provides quality integrated services to our patients. The agency provides professional opportunities to our staff for growth and development. Our mission at Horizon Health and Wellness is to provide integrated healthcare that addresses the whole person and promotes wellness using best practices to enhance the quality of life of the individuals, families and communities we serve. With our collaborative and innovative approach, we are making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. Join our team of nearly 600 employees who share a passion for our mission and a commitment to service.
When you join our team, you’re making an investment in your potential. We work with each of our employees to ensure they have the tools and resources to provide the very best patient care. From on-the-job training and training offerings to licensing and tuition reimbursement, you can grow both personally and professionally. We are committed to creating a workforce that directly reflects the diversity in the communities we serve. As a result, we actively recruit and hire individuals with various backgrounds, skills and experiences. We strongly believe this dedication to inclusion is the key to providing exceptional care.
The Primary Care Provider is responsible for the medical services. Horizon Health and Wellness is an Integrated Health Care company. Horizon Health and Wellness provides a multi-directional integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. This position will actively engage in the provision of culturally responsive, integrate services as well as support and/or participate in initiatives designed to foster and promote integrated service delivery. The Developmental Pediatrician would need to be a live provider and expertise in ASD is preferred.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as R.N. and National Certification as a Medical Provider.
- Possess current DEA registration.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Have no pending actions by board of medicine in Arizona or any other state.
- Have current unencumbered license to practice as a physician and to prescribe medications in the State of Arizona.
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, telephone and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to participate in trainings and continuing education.
- Ability to analyze and assess situations and patients.
- Ability to make sound judgments relating to patient care.
- Ability to complete accurate patient records documentation.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral resources available to participants.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must obtain and maintain a fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Generous Benefits Package
11 paid Holidays, choice of three (3) Medical plans, Retirement Plan (401k), Life & AD&D Plan, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, and loan repayment through the National Health Service Corp.