Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Horizon Health and Wellness (HHW) is a non-profit organization that provides integrated behavioral health, primary care, and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs throughout Arizona. HHW provides many multi-faceted programs, including several Federally Qualified Health Center sites. Come join our dynamic team that aims to provide the best clinical care for individuals and families in Arizona!
We are seeking a Medical Assistant at our Apache Junction site. This position will work with a multidisciplinary team and assist providers in delivering care to patients in our Psychiatry and Primary Care Departments.
- Completes patient care requirements by performing tests and completing other tasks as assigned the medical providers of HHW.
- Ensures participant confidentiality.
- Assists provider in examination of patients, and gives instructions to patients as directed by provider.
- Administers injections to include immunizations.
- Fills out immunization paperwork for recording purposes.
- Processes referrals, and sets up appointments.
- Acts as a liaison with the providers, other doctor’s offices and hospitals.
- Receives reports on patients and delivers them to the appropriate provider.
- Ensure participant files are kept up to date and staffed at appropriate intervals.
- Ensures that rooms are maintained as a safe, secure, comfortable, attractive and therapeutic milieu.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, clients, doctors and community agencies.
- Ensures integrity of program’s clinical standards, practices, and administrative functions.
- Schedules coverage as required and develops task schedules as required for all shifts.
- Monitors assigned staff clinical documentation to ensure record keeping compliance.
- Ensures timely submission of DSAL’s and progress notes on a daily basis.
- Promotes staff development and ensures clinical training for staff.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Adheres to expectations of required/mandatory in services and certifications.
- Operates the facility within the limits of the approved budget.
- Protects employees and participants by complying with infection control policies and protocols,
- Following medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensures quality services are delivered to special populations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or GED and must be at least 21 years of age
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, home telephone, and reliable transportation
- Demonstrable theoretical knowledge in field.
- Must pass a routine physical examination including a TB skin test.
- Demonstrates knowledge of special populations such as the seriously mentally ill.
- Demonstrates ability to develop treatment plan and summary based on participants needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how the acute and chronic nature of the dependence and the ways medical, emotional, behavioral, social, educational, and other interventions are used to treat the participant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral resources available to participants.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must be able to get a Fingerprint Clearance card and pass a background check.
- Must complete First Aid and CPR training.