Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Billing Manager
at Horizon Health and Wellness
General Summary Management position responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the medical billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. Requires strong managerial, leadership, and business office skills, including critical thinking and the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing, Coding and Collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered. FQHC billing knowledge is a plus.
- Prior experience with an electronic medical record system required.
- Knowledge thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes Bullet
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public Bullet
- Skill in developing, implementing, and administering work processes.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of Mental health Outpatient and Inpatient billing. Two (2) years supervisory or management experience preferred Bullet
- Two (2) years supervisory or management experience preferred