Horizon Health and Wellness
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
at Horizon Health and Wellness
Horizon Health and Wellness is looking for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners for our New Location in Florence AZ. Horizon Health and Wellness provides a multi-directional integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services designed to improve individual health outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. Horizon Health and Wellness is a non-profit 501(c)(3) behavioral health agency licensed by the State of Arizona.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide direct medical / psychiatric care in the Psychiatric NP's area of expertise to ensure the delivery of quality psychiatric and medical services.
- Licensed in the State of Arizona as R.N. and National Certification as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Possess current DEA registration.
- Has current unencumbered license to practice as a nurse practitioner and to prescribe medications in the State of Arizona.
- Has no pending actions by the board of nursing in Arizona or any other state.
- Has knowledge of treatment for general psychiatry or a special qualification in children, geriatrics or addiction psychiatry.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Possess valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, home telephone, and reliable transportation.
- Is able to be on-call as assigned with a cellular telephone.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to participate in training's and continuing education.
- Ability to gain knowledge of Performance Improvement principles and peer evaluation systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-disciplinary treatment procedures.
- Willingness to participate in team staffing and decision making for participants.
- Knowledge of the RBHA and AHCCCS/ALTCS systems of care in Arizona.
- Demonstrates ability to distinguish between alcohol and other drug-related symptoms and other pre-
- existing physical problems, or pathologic behaviors.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the biopsychosocial influences and effects of dependencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the ways medical, emotional, behavioral, social, educational, and other interventions are used to treat individuals, couples, families, and children.
- Demonstrated knowledge of referral resources available to participants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCP system of care available to participants.
- Ability to type and working knowledge/familiarity with computers and electronic clinical record keeping.
- Must be able to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card and pass a background check.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.