Jewish Family and Children's Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services (Non-Profit)
Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) is the single largest behavioral health provider in Maricopa County. Founded in 1935, JFCS has offered nonsectarian social services to the entire community since 1962. Our committed staff and volunteers currently serve more than 25,000 people of all faiths, ethnicities and ages regardless of gender or socio-economic status.
The year 1935 represented a frightening, uncertain time -- six years into the Great Depression.... But it was at this precise, uncertain moment, that a courageous group of Jewish women in Phoenix decided to reach outward - to create a social service agency to help those in need. These dedicated women pledged themselves to share what little they had to help other families survive. They laid the bedrock for JFCS in Phoenix. Services included financial assistance, referrals to nursing homes, and in home care services.
We are a nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that strengthens the community by providing quality behavioral health and social services to children, families and adults of all ages and faiths throughout Maricopa County, in accordance with a Jewish value system that cares about all humanity.
At JFCS, we hope for a future where families are strong, where our elders are cared for and where children are safe. Our dedication to this mission is strengthened by our commitment to our core Jewish values that honor community and the continuity of the generations.
Our Organizational Values
JFCS Board and staff are committed to the following:
- Top Priority: Quality Service
- People: Our Most Important Resource
- Cultural Competency and a Diverse Staff
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Commitment to Excellence and Continuous Improvement
Submit your resume today!
Jewish Social Service is formed by three visionary women who belong to the Welfare Committee of the National Council of Jewish Women. Services included financial assistance, referrals to nursing homes, and in home care services.
JFCS values our employees and one way we demonstrate this is by our excellent benefits package. We offer the following benefits to our full-time employees:
- Medical insurance for employee and family (3 different plans to choose from)
- Dental insurance for employee and family
- No cost life and long-term disability insurance for the employee
- Paid time off including 12 days of PTO and 10 days of sick leave, 7 federal holidays, and 3 Jewish holidays
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Cafeteria plan including medical and childcare reimbursement
- Reimbursement for state testing and certification fees
- Tuition reimbursement
- Many more exciting benefits
Submit your resume today!