Jewish Family and Children's Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Consultant I
at Jewish Family and Children's Service
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) is looking for the perfect fit for a rewarding opportunity. Our Family Consultants are compassionate about shining bright lights into the eyes of children who have suffered from environmental neglect. This position is one that changes a rocky pathway for a child and guide them toward the realization of a balanced and healthy life.
Our Family Consultants assist mothers and fathers with learning positive and inspirational parenting skills. They serve as an intermediary in reunifying children who have been removed from their homes with parents who are eager to learn how to create better environments for themselves and their kids. Our Family Consultants by observing interactions within a child’s home environment can recognize issues that need further development and can translate those observations into meaningful behavioral change management plans. In this position you will work with DCS Case Managers to make significant differences in the lives of underserved children’s populations through the metropolitan Phoenix area. You will engage in relationship building between a child and parent and become a trustworthy partner teaching life-long skills for a child’s positive future. If you have that special magical empathy and a desire for heart-filled service where it’s truly needed to help a child grow and aspire to life as a productive adult, you are our perfect fit.
- Associate's degree preferred; Two years of direct service experience may be substitued for degree
- Familiarity with the child welfare system
- Experience doing skill building and psycho-educational work
- Must hold a valid Arizona Driver's License and be able to transport children
- A clear Central Registry Background Check and Level One fingerprint clearance card which will be reviewed and updated annually.
- A Motor Vehicle Department check at hire then 2x annually.
- No driving restrictions on the Level One fingerprint clearance card.
- No DUI or DWI during the Contract or in 5 years prior to the Contract.
- No At-Fault Accidents during the Contract or in 5 years prior to the Contract.
- No more than 2 moving violations during the Contract or in 5 years prior to the Contract.
- No more than 2 Excessive speed violations during the Contract or in 5 years prior to the Contract .
- No criminal violations during the life of the Contract or in 5 years prior to the Contract.
- A valid driver’s license that has NOT been SUSPENDED or REVOKED within the last 3 years from the date of each MVD check.
- Valid Car Insurance.
- Current CPR certification.
- No Probation or Parole for the last 10 years from present date.
- No Restraining Orders within the last 10 years (civil, criminal, or juvenile).
- Pre-Employment Drug Test as well as Random Annual Drug Testing.
JFCS provides a supportive environment for our Family Consultants.