J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Services Kitchen Manager
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
This position is for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Kitchen Manager works at the School Site and oversees the Food Service program and workers. The Kitchen Manager oversees the kitchen operations, ensures quality meals, promotes teamwork and maintains a successful kitchen by performing the following duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED and one year training or experience in large quantity food preparation and/or management.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Child Nutrition Programs Certification, Food Manager’s Certificate and Arizona Food Handler’s Card.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Knowledge of institutional kitchen equipment including operation and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and other District, Federal and State workplace safety requirements and ability to adhere to the guidelines and procedures.
- Must be able to organize and direct the work of others and act as an effective team leader.
- Must be able to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as measurements, proportions and percentages.
- Must be able to use District computer software for cashier responsibilities, to maintain accurate records, write routine reports, correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, spreadsheets, operating and maintenance instructions and policy manuals.
- Ability to assess concerns and complaints of students, staff and parents and proceed appropriately.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, subordinates, other employees, parents and the general public.
- MealTracker® experience or training preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains a variety of records and prepares reports, including daily cash report.
- Assists with Free/Reduced applications. May enter information in computer and send correspondence.
- Prepares a variety of hot dishes for students and faculty.
- Coordinates entrée cart, salad bar and a la carte food preparation and service.
- Uses safe food handling and preparation practices in all aspects of serving meals.
- Makes sure kitchen is maintained in a sanitary and safe condition.
- Prepares weekly inventory and consults with Food Services Supervisor.
- Review student accounts and ensures accuracy. Records information appropriately.
- Confers with Food Services Supervisor regarding quantities and adjusts recipes for proper amount
- Orders milk and supplies as instructed.
- Displays and demonstrates thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines and procedures.
- Keeps temperature chart on walk-in freezer and dry storage.
- Checks temperature of food to ensure proper holding temperatures.
- Checks in deliveries and ensures quality and quantity of orders.
- Cleans equipment, dishes utensils and work area.
- Attends seminars, workshops and trainings as directed by Food Services Supervisor.
- Assists in finding recipes for utilizing commodities.
- Performs all duties in a safe and effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises Food Service employees on site. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with District policy and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training employees; daily communication with Food Services Supervisor; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme cold; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range I
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 10 Months, 206 Days
Hours: Full-time Position, 7-8 Hours per Day
Reports to: Food Services Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)