J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Assistant, Anticipated 2020-2021
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
This is an Anticipated Vacancy for the 2020-2021 school year.
The job of Health Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical/clinical support in addressing the health needs of students; and providing appropriate care and/ or referral for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students as may be required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- CPR Certification for Health Care Provider
- First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of medical technology as related to specific job functions
- General Clerical skills with computer data entry experience preferred
- Ability to relate and communicate with teachers, parents, students, all school employees and the general public
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Knowledge of school practices and procedures; public school experience preferred
- Knowledge and use of general office machines and equipment
- Bi-lingual ability preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer mandated screenings (e.g. hearing, vision, scoliosis, lice checks, blood pressure, immunizations, etc.) for the purpose of assisting the nurse and meeting requirements.
- Advises in the enrollment of students for the purpose of ensuring proper immunization history and verification of immunizations, and/or conveying or receiving information.
- Assists nurse, students, and other school personnel for the purpose of providing specialized treatments, monitoring medical treatments and/or testing at school site.
- Consults with the RN regarding a variety of issues (e.g. emergency situations, neglect/abuse, assessment needs, infectious/contagious diseases,) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety and/or health care concerns, minimizing infection and complying with the law.
- Distributes district approved educational and instructional materials for the purpose of instructing teachers, students and/or parents on a variety of health subjects.
- Follows universal precautions and infection control procedures at all times for the purpose of minimizing the risk of transmitting contagious and/or infectious disease.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and student records at all times for the purpose of abiding by legal and professional standards.
- Maintains inventory of school health and first aid supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of material as needed.
- Maintains medical emergency cards and health records (e.g. mandated screening, immunization records, medication logs, accident reports, daily logs) for the purpose of resolving discrepancies in records and/or providing information required by legal and professional standards.
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting health services staff.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (e.g. rescreen lists, student records, accident reports, notices, periodic and year-end reports) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulations, documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Reports unsafe environment conditions in the building or grounds to the principal for the purpose of ensuring the safety of students and staff.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and parents for the purpose of providing information and/or direction as may be required.
- Schedules screenings for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring compliance with established regulations.
- Supervises students for the purpose of monitoring students referred for illness.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Skills are required to perform single technical tasks with the need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. (Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices, administering first aide, handling hazardous materials; operating equipment used in the medical profession; operating standard office equipment; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.)
- Knowledge is required to perform basic math; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information before groups; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: medical assessment and state requirements.
- Ability is required to schedule a number of activities; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic job related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standard methods of operation. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and /or groups; work with data of different types and/or purposes; and utilize job related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to analyze issues, create plans of action and reach solutions. Problem solving with data and equipment is moderate to significant. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working with detailed information/data; setting priorities; and being flexible.
- Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision, operating within a defined budget and/or financial guidelines. Utilization of resources from other work units may be required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling. Crouching and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 50% sitting, 10% walking and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations, some hazardous conditions, and in a clean atmosphere.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range J
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 9 Months, 180 Student Days
Hours: Full-time; up to 7 Hrs/Day
Reports to: Principal/District Nurse
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)