J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, 6th Grade 2020-2021
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
This position is for the 2020-2021 school year.
Position Goal: While under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Teacher will provide sound and consistent instruction to students, modifying curriculum as needed, to support academic growth that enables each student to reach their full potential.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid State of Arizona Teaching Certification and fingerprint clearance card
- Meets all certification requirements for the assigned grade level or subject area including proper teaching area endorsements to be Highly Qualified
- Knowledge of Arizona College and Career Ready State Standards
- Ability to assess student needs through academic assessments
- Skill in both oral and written communication
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Knowledge of classroom-based assessments to drive instruction
- Skill in using computers, SMARTboard, and other equipment and materials to supplement instructional presentation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, colleagues, administration and the community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Mission, Vision and goals of J.O. Combs Unified School District
- Promotes and follows the adopted school district philosophy, policies, regulations, and administrative procedures
- Creates a weekly written lesson plan describing daily learning experiences that is correlated with the objectives in the curriculum guide and/or course outline
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional
- Communicates objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise
- Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement established curriculum goals and
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
- Implements a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives
- Uses multiple assessment methods to monitor and assess student progress to adjust instruction and provide feedback on a regular basis to students and their parents.
- Develops and implements reasonable classroom rules of behavior and procedure in a fair and just
- Diagnoses, instructs, and evaluates specific student needs and seeks assistance of district
- Effectively collaborates with department and grade level teachers
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state testing program
- Participates in Professional Learning Communities
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required
- May be required to participate in student meetings which occur beyond the staff’s work
- Participates in professional development in the district and outside of the district when
- Participates in curriculum review and design
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to move about the classroom and campus and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, controls and to reach with hands and arms, bend stoop, kneel and crouch and occasionally lift or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities. Duties may require an employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wind and rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be present.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certified Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: As per District policy
Contract: 10 months, 198 days
Hours: 40 per Week
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 1, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)