J.O. Combs Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, Resource 2020-2021
at J.O. Combs Unified School District
This is position is for the 2020-2021 School Year.
Position Goal: While under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Teacher will provide sound and consistent instruction to students, modifying curriculum as needed, to support academic growth that enables each student to reach their full potential.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Hold a valid Arizona certification in Special Education in either SLD or Cross Categorical
- Highly Qualified as required by IDEA 2004
- Master Degree in Special Education (preferred)
- Knowledge of Arizona Special Education statutes and IDEA law
- Knowledge of sound, research-based and approved instructional practices for students with disabilities
- Knowledge of classroom-based assessments to drive instruction
- Knowledge of basic special education procedures and deadlines
- Skill in both oral and written communication
- Skill in providing direct instruction based on child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and the Arizona College an Career Ready Standards
- Skill in using computers, SMARTboard, and other equipment and materials to supplement instructional presentation
- Ability to assess student needs through academic assessments
- Ability to write goals and implement instructional strategies based on assessments
- Ability to develop and implement an IEP
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, parents, colleagues, administration and the community
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Ability, if appropriate, to maintain current NCI, First Aid, and CPR certification
- Ability to create and update special education records using online IEP system
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supports the Mission, Vision and goals of J.O. Combs Unified School District
- Plans and implements direct instruction in all core subject areas as needed per IEP
- Maintains the physical environment of the classroom for organization and maximum instructional opportunities
- Instructs individuals and groups
- Monitors student progress
- Tracks data on monitoring and on IEP goals
- Adapts or Modifies curriculum as needed for appropriate instructional level of students
- Follows special education department procedures for developing, holding, and turning in student documentation including, but not limited to, IEPs, MET reports, Progress notes, and report cards
- Maintains effective contact with parents
- Administers, scores and writes reports for achievement testing
- Collaborates with general education teachers having students on IEPs in their classes
- Trains paraprofessionals to support students in general education classes both academically and behaviorally and to gather data on goals
- Participates in Professional Leaning Committees when appropriate
- Ensures appropriate accommodations are in place for general education classroom teacher to implement
- Develops an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student
- Conducts IEPs in “real time”
- Serves as team member for FBA and PBIP plan
- Administers assessments to students on case load, included but not limited to: STARS, DIBELS, state-wide test
- If appropriate, develops transition plans outlining specific steps to prepare students for post-secondary study
- Participates in professional development in the district and outside of the district when appropriate
- Attends staff meetings and serve on committees as required
- May be required to participate in student’s meetings which occur beyond the staff’s work assignment schedule
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly require to move about the classroom and campus and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, controls and to reach with hands and arms, bend stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee may have to safely physically restrain a student from hurting self or others.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties may require an employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wind and rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be present.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Certified Initial Salary Placement
Benefits: As per District policy
Contract: 10 months, 198 days
Hours: 40 weekly
Reports to: Principal and Director of Special Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Job Contact Information
Saturday, February 15, 2020 12:00 AM -
Friday, March 13, 2020 11:59 PM
(Pacific Standard Time)