Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grounds Supervisor (Full Time)
at Beatitudes Campus
Beatitudes Campus was founded in 1965 as a place where older adults could live, learn, and grow through all the days of their lives. Our Founders dreamed of a "campus," borrowing the term from the educational community because of its sense of continual growth and vibrancy. Our Campus was one of the first to introduce the concept of continuing care and improve the quality of retirement living in North Central Phoenix.
The Beatitudes Campus in Phoenix is looking for a Full Time (M-F, 7AM-3:30PM) Ground's Supervisor!
Statement of Purpose:, The supervisor is responsible for day to day operations of the grounds and sanitation department. This position reports to the Manager of Security and is non-exempt from overtime pay.
Major Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Direction, oversight and hands on work pertaining to mowing, trimming, irrigation repair/maintenance, watering, fertilizing, weeding, grooming trees/shrubbery, replacement and planting of annual and perennial plants, landscape maintenance and use planning (including water features), vendor/supplier relationships and product ordering, annual rye grass, keeping grounds free from litter and fallen fruit, tree limbs, etc., planting and fertilizing.
- Direction and oversight of trash removal, cleanliness of trash rooms, recycling, pools & fountains, exterior window washing and pressure washing.
- Hire, train, evaluate and discipline the ground keeping staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Beatitudes Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Please Be Advised: Background checks, reference checks, TB testing, and drug and alcohol screenings are part of the hiring process at Beatitudes Campus. Felony convictions should be disclosed, but will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment.