Best Western International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Best Western International, Inc.
Today’s Best Western has been on a journey of incredible transformation, elevating our brand image, improving the guest experience and enhancing our organizational culture. Today, this culture of modernization and innovation is embraced by our more than 1,000 corporate employees, many of whom have stayed with Best Western for 10, 20, even 30+ years. We are proud to have created a work atmosphere that provides an exciting, fun and rewarding place to work every day.
The AR Representative will support accounting operations by performing both routine and non-routine clerical accounting activities in accordance with standard procedures. They will maintain the general ledger and/or prepare various accounting reports. They can expect to help resolve accounting issues by identifying and analyzing variances and discrepancies.
Essential Job Results
- Support accounting operations by performing clerical accounting activities in one of the following areas: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management or general ledger accounting.
- Prepare journal entries, maintain general ledger account schedules and/or process payments..
- May process, monitor and maintain receivables or payables for assigned accounts.
- Support data integrity by checking accounting records for consistency and accuracy.
- Trace transactions to determine source of error and makes corrections.
- Analyze and verify internal consistency of accounting documents and ensure efficient, accurate and timely payment or billing processing by meeting department guidelines, schedules and vendor terms.
- Prepare spreadsheets for billing, debits, credits and/or corrections to member/vendor accounts.
- Provide customer service by researching, verifying and conveying information to internal and external customers.
- Provide accurate accounting information by gathering, reconciling and assembling data for weekly, monthly and annual reports as required.
- May assist collection effort by preparing initial collection letters, processing proper charge backs to member properties and coordinating with legal and membership as needed.
- May support special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year related clerical accounting experience.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- General computing aptitude including working knowledge of financial software applications.
- Alpha/numeric keyboarding skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knows accepted accounting guidelines and practices.
- Demonstrates dedicated functional/professional knowledge.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.