Central Arizona Shelter Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CASE MANAGER - HOMELESS SERVICES
at Central Arizona Shelter Services
Are you a top performer motivated by the opportunity to make a huge impact on the community? CASS is seeking an experienced Case Manager to work directly with individuals who are experiencing homelessness; provide support and referrals to service providers to expedite clients’ opportunities to obtain employment and obtain and retain stable housing so clients become self-sufficient and end their homelessness.
Central Arizona Shelter Services (CASS), is a non-profit 501 (c)(3), and the largest provider of shelter and services to homeless adults in Arizona. CASS offers a wide variety of services meeting the needs of the homeless community, including shelter for adults and families; housing; supportive services; and a 5 Star rated accredited child development program. For more information about CASS, please visit our website at www.cassaz.org.
Identify vulnerable individuals and build an effective case plan for them customized to their individual needs:
- Conduct in-depth intake interview;
- Review HMIS database for background information on returning clients;
- Assess client to develop effective case plan;
- Review case plan with client; provide resource information, referrals, and direction.
Refer client to housing providers; if the client is job ready, assist clients in in finding employment:
- Identify client’s specific housing needs, their resources, and barriers to create a housing plan;
- Collaborate with housing providers to expedite housing opportunities for clients;
- Ensure that clients find appropriate and sustainable housing as quickly as possible;
- Assess skills and previous vocational experience of clients by conducting intake discussions and reviewing case management notes;
- Review job listings with clients, provide guidance for pursuing opportunities;
- Supply clothing, bus tickets, haircut vouchers, voicemail accounts, etc.;
- Perform employment verifications;
- Conduct follow-up discussions and provide walk-up assistance as needed.
Conduct weekly follow-up meetings with clients to provide continued support in achieving case plan goals:
- Review progress, monitor notes in system from other departments, and obtain additional information to support client in adhering to the case plan;
- Determine and administer consequences for non-compliance with case plan goals;
- Assist client in obtaining forms, completing paperwork, and contacting referrals;
- Serve as an advocate; champion clients;
- Maintain complete and organized files; close out files regularly;
- Make complete and accurate notes in HMIS system prior to end of each shift;
- Compile data and produce reports for analysis and assessment of program effectiveness;
- Provide “success stories” and other positive client progress information to development team .
Seek out training opportunities for clients:
- Determine individual training needs and connect clients to appropriate training for employment and life skills;
- Identify suitable job training programs and promote to clients, especially regarding resumes and online applications;
- Establish and maintain referral resources in the community.
- Assist in training newly hired HSS Staff;
- Build and sustain relationships with campus partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to a solution-focused work environment and the clear intention to meet client expectations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to remain clear-headed when conflicts, crisis and emergency situations arise.
- Seated for extended periods of time;
- Manual dexterity in order to keyboard, use mouse;
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 25 pounds unassisted.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science or related field and one-year of directly related experience;
- Strong knowledge of resources and commitment to meeting client expectations;
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card;
- Moderate to high level of proficiency in computer and data entry skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
CASS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO.
CASS drug tests