Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 Director of CTE - MDA
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: Director N
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the Career and Technical Education (CTE) program for the school division. Position develops curriculum, provides staff development, submits state and federal reports, and prepares/monitors the CTE budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
1. Leads, promotes, and aligns industry standard curriculum and instruction to Arizona’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) state standards, statutory requirements, and District goals.
2. Maintains grants for the acquisition, allocation and implementation of state and federal funds relating to career and technical education.
3. Provides leadership in support of secondary success initiatives, specifically in the areas of dual enrollment articulations, career pathways, industry certifications, to include disseminating, analyzing and reporting.
4. Assists in the collection, organization and compilation of data required for federal and state reporting, including, but not limited to Programs of Study, EVIT, Perkins, Priority, and other grants.
5. Collaborates with CTE instructors, district personnel, and stakeholder to implement the District’s Mission, Strategic Plan, and core curriculum.
6. Designs professional development training for specific personnel subgroups such as career and technical education teachers, counselors, special education department, and others.
7. Allocates CTE staffing and maintenance of capital inventory.
8. Participates in regional and state CTE consortiums as a representative of SUSD-CTE.
9. Monitors, implements, and evaluates CTE assessments.
10. Assists in providing career exploration opportunities for junior high students.
11. Supports District’s career pathway system, ensuring current programs align to business and industry needs.
12. Serves as a liaison with business/industry community, the District, Arizona Department of Education, East Valley Institute of Technology, CTE staff, and stakeholders to coordinate school-based instruction and work experience programs.
13. Maintains a climate of mutual trust and respect among students, teachers, and district personnel.
14. Evaluates the effectiveness of the CTE program and makes recommendations or revisions as necessary.
15. Supervises CTE support staff, works closely with principals, guidance counselors and other district staff on CTE initiatives and development of programs for the high school planning guide.
16. Lead and utilize project management practices in order to provide advisory and support services to the district and CTE programs which will assist leadership in articulating strategy and goals to its members.
17. Conduct complex analysis to advise leadership, stakeholders, and staff on a variety of issues or problems including cost analysis, organizational design, process improvement, and changes to organizational policies and procedures that are out-of-date or not operating at a maximum efficiency.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by respective supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
· Master’s degree is required.
· A minimum of three years of successful teaching experience.
· Administrative experience through internship and/or previous employment.
· Supervisory experience in CTE programs.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· State of Arizona administrative certification. Applicants must have on file in the Human Resources Department a copy of the appropriate valid certificate or evidence of eligibility to be appropriately certificated by the Arizona Department of Education.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform advanced math; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; various position specific information learned on the job.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: plan and manage projects.
ABILITY: (position requirements at entry):
ABILITY is required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicate with diverse groups; implement established curriculum; meet deadlines and schedules; record keeping
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negoligible amount of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Exec Adm Assist|
Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)