Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials Handler - Warehouse
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: H
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Performs routine warehousing duties including picking, sorting and storing materials, loading and unloading of inventory, maintaining related records, and delivery of materials. Incumbents also perform courier and copying duties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Receives and checks shipments to include unloading freight and checking for quantity, count, and damaged goods.
- Prepares schedule for the delivery and/or pick up of food, materials, and/or supplies throughout the District.
- Operates a variety of equipment to include trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, sweepers, postage meters, and/or audiovisual equipment.
- Prepares and processes paperwork for incoming and/or outgoing materials to include inputting information into a computer.
- Pulls and packs orders for schools and District facilities to include checking for proper quantity and quality. May prepare science kits for distribution, calculating the number of kits required for each school. May refurbish science kits returned to the materials center for distribution to teachers.
- Stocks warehouse to include checking for location, rotating stock, and performing inventory checks. Contacts vendors to obtain quotes and pricing information to replenish inventory and/or supplies.
- Picks up and appropriately disposes of unwanted or damaged property.
- Maintains delivery trucks, which includes: filling with fuel, checking fluids, washing interior and exterior, and performing other related tasks.
- Inventories warehouse goods, equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and one year of driver or warehousing experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Valid Arizona Driver’s License; CDL preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Standard warehousing procedures and practices;
· Inventory procedures;
· Safe work practices;
· Customer service principles.
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Using a computer and applicable software applications;
· Entering data into a computer;
· Operating trucks, forklifts (certified operator preferred but no required), pallet jacks, sweepers, and other related equipment;
· Providing customer service;
· Completing a variety of paperwork and/or logs;
· Developing schedules;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, workspace restrictions, and travel.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
RTW = Return To Work Retiree
Job Contact Information
|Title||Fiscal Support Coordinator|
Friday, January 24, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)