Scottsdale Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Facilities Services Worker - Grounds
at Scottsdale Unified School District
PAY GRADE: I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This is the classification level that performs daily work crew leader activities. Assists in training employees. Plans work for small, routine maintenance activities and work groups. Coordinates equipment and supplies with work activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and two years of relevant maintenance experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
· Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Some positions may require:
· Pesticide Applicator’s License.
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
· Advanced principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility;
· Customer service principles;
· Inventory maintenance principles;
· Coordinating activities within assigned area of responsibility;
· Safe work practices;
· Methods and tools used in assigned area of responsibility;
· Hand and power tools;
· Routine mathematical principles;
Applicable tools and equipment utilized in performing daily activities
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
· Providing customer service;
· Prioritizing and organizing work;
· Operating tools and equipment in assigned area of responsibility;
· Performing routine carpentry and groundskeeping tasks;
· Comprehending written materials;
· Performing routine preventative maintenance of tools, equipment, and vehicles;
· Performing basic mathematical calculations;
· Driving a motor vehicle;
· Reading and understanding elementary blueprints, sketches, plans, diagrams and other instructional/directive materials;
· Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.
Job Contact Information
Friday, January 18, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)