University of Advancing Technology
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Advancing Technology
We are seeking an administrative assistant to support to three (3) very smart, fast and accomplished executives (our Vice President of Marketing and Technology, Chief Operations Officer, and Provost). The person who will be the best fit for this position has strong prioritization and time management skills, as they will be assisting these three executives with their varied workloads and supervision of different departments. We need someone who is fast, fun, friendly, smart and takes ownership of their responsibilities. They need to be comfortable working in a very busy face to face environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for the kind of administrator who enjoys feeling useful and is more interested in the opportunity to have varied tasks on their plate rather than a boring routine. The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a high degree of professionalism in managing a variety of responsibilities. Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills. Requires the ability to proactively build organizational knowledge and relationships and think critically and creatively to support problem-solving and ensure strong communication.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides administrative support to the Executive team members
- Follows up on required actions specified by Manager or Coordinates other projects as assigned by Manager
- Prepares materials and Powerpoint/Keynote presentations for meetings
- Researches and abstracts complex information in preparation for meetings and special projects
- Assists with facilitating and managing company events
- Provides administrative support by performing delegated administrative and clerical duties for the assigned work area(s) including phones and backup inbox management
- Exhibits confidentiality, flexibility, accountability and professionalism
- Prioritizes heavy work volume among the various areas according to department demands
- Possesses general knowledge of company policies and procedures to relay or interpret information, resolve problems within area, or refer to appropriate party for resolution or exception consideration
- Serves as a liaison between executives, managers, staff, faculty, and visitors
- May draft responses to correspondence, research and compile information for special projects or prepare reports as required
- Coordinates conference calls, meetings, and training
- Manages calendars
- Assisting other departmental administrative staff as needed
- Finally, organizes food, or other nutrition because no one likes a hangry executive.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in an administrative role
- Can represent an elite, personal, high end organizational identity
- Superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, work in a high pace environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient in both Microsoft Office & MacOS
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent writer who can compose a myriad of written communications quickly
- Not easily offended or pushed around. Strong but respectful.
- Very good with technology, communication software, social media and contemporary consumer tech
- The candidate needs to be smart and learn very quickly
- Exceptional bandwidth and energy
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and exceed our constituents’ expectations.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, AT&T, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.