Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Dispatch, Senior - Registry
at Pinal County
- JOB SUMMARY
Answer emergency and non-emergency calls for service, take information from callers, enter information into database, and provide assistance and information to Pinal County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) Deputies and other emergency services agencies under basic supervision. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Answer incoming emergency calls, interview and pacify callers, gather details, prioritize calls for service and determine appropriate personnel to respond, dispatch emergency responders, and relay pertinent information to law enforcement and public safety personnel in a concise, organized, and understandable manner.
- Perform duties according to Sheriff's Office policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for emergency services dispatch, in order to assure the safety of PCSO Deputies, other public safety personnel and the public.
- Provide information, instructions, and assistance to the public within scope of authority.
- The ability to work in a safety sensitive position.
- Enter call information into computer aided dispatch (CAD) incident logs and in state and national databases at Deputies' request and search law enforcement and civilian data bases to provide Deputies with information.
- Track a variety of law enforcement and public safety agencies, resources, personnel, incidents, and trends.
- Provide detailed call information to Deputies as needed, maintain status and awareness of all public safety unit locations, monitor message traffic and relays information to Deputies, and assure that Deputies' safety is the top priority.
- Notify key personnel on critical incidents, contact other law enforcement and public safety agencies for additional information and resources as needed, and relay information regarding incidents.
- Enter data for records and reports, process forms and record files, query system databases as requested, collect statistical data and compile data for reports, and update and assure the accuracy of database.
- Receive and send information to and from other agencies and jurisdictions.
- Assist other Sheriff's personnel, County departments, outside organizations, businesses, and Federal, state, and local emergency services organizations.
- Maintain the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the Sheriff's Office by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Responsible for ACJIS entries and removals and check co-workers entries.
- Train co-workers on ACJIS entries.
- Run subjects, vehicles, guns, etc. through the state and FBI' databases (ACJIS) to check for warrants, stolen status, validity of driver's licenses and vehicle registrations.
- Answer all phone lines including 911 calls.
- Maintain order and control over a radio channel.
- Dispatch calls via radio to deputies and monitor deputies while on patrol.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of customer service and computer experience.
- Type 35 wpm.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Valid Arizona State Drivers License- by date of hire
- Terminal Operator Certification for access to Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS) is required within six (6) months of hire.
- Additional technical training and certifications may be required at the direction of the Sheriff.
****All candidates will be required to pass a typing test scoring 35 wpm or greater.*****
***All candidates will be required to complete the Criticall Exam with a 70% overall passing score in order to be considered for this position.***
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications as applicable.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Sheriff's Office policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for emergency services dispatch.
- Knowledge of law enforcement and public safety agency terminology.
- Knowledge of geography, roads, and landmarks of Pinal County.
- Knowledge of principles of records management.
- Skill in obtaining information from hostile and emotional callers.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and specialized software and entering information with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, under pressure, and in emergency and stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and relay details accurately.
- Ability to interact with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to follow and effectively communicate verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to provide effective customer service and deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
The work is light and requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects. The work also requires the ability to finger, grasp, handle, lift, perform repetitive motion, hear, speak, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in an environment with crisis situations that require making major decisions involving people, resources, and property.