Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate, Supervisory (CHE)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Prefer high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or such experience as deemed equivalent.
Supervises, organizes, and re-directs student behavior while at recess or lunch either indoors or outdoors.
- Monitors students for safe activity while students in the cafeteria during lunch periods in serving lines, while eating, and during cafeteria dismissal;
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible;Assists students in securing trays, food, seating, and dismissal;
- Assists cafeteria staff in cleaning up spills, accidents, etc;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
- Performs other lunchroom supervisory duties as assigned by building administrator(s).
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and district software, and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
Job Contact Information
Friday, January 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)