Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Technical Writer / Dedicated Trainer
LeadPoint has an open position for a Manufacturing Dedicated Trainer / Technical Writer.
Job Description: This position works as part of a team to train direct labor in the manufacturing of all safety products; creating and maintaining training records for all manufacturing personnel, creation and updating of manufacturing and test work instructions as well as scheduling and performing follow up training as procedures change.
The Manufacturing Dedicated Trainer/ Technical Writer will contribute to continual improvement activities by ensuring that manufacturing personnel adhere to work instructions and PPE requirements.
Interaction with manufacturing personnel, quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, and manufacturing management are required. The Manufacturing Dedicated Trainer / Technical Writer must possess the technical and communication skills necessary to develop detailed work instructions and transfer the intent of the work instructions to manufacturing personnel.
- New Hire On-Boarding and Training
- Reoccurring on the job training
- Works with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering during the pre-production phase of new products to develop work instructions that clearly and easily convey the assembly and test requirements set forth by R&D
- Manage the development and implementation of new work instructions
- Edit existing Work Instructions
- Ensure that manufacturing employees are provided with accurate and effective work instructions and other documentation critical to their jobs
- Incorporate Lean methodologies into work instructions
- Perform on the job training as needed (OJT)
- Perform recurrent training as needed
- Assist with development of training classes as needed
- Maintain Training matrices for record retention
Code of Conduct:
- Passion - Internal desire to increase people’s skills and knowledge
- Quality - Attention to detail to produce the best possible product
- Positive Attitude - Finding the good in every scenario
- Teamwork - Relying on our individual strengths to form a stronger unit
- Humility - A boastful attitude is unacceptable
- Patience - Explaining or performing until full understanding is accomplished
- Integrity - Open communication and Respectful criticism are acceptable
- Respect - For yourself and the team
- Punctuality - Arriving on time to work related meetings
- Flexibility - Facing change in a professional manner
- Open Communication - Addressing issues openly as they arise
- Initiative - Strong desire to continually improve the company and yourself
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable in public speaking environment
- Flexible to change
- Able to perform under pressure