Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Manager - Portland, OR or Seattle, WA Location
at Local Motors, Inc.
To accelerate innovation by democratizing and decentralizing the way ideas are shared and products are manufactured. We invite the world to help us create vehicles that inspire, empower and nurture humanity.
Drive community engagement above all else. Ensure open dialogue and transparency with community members in order to facilitate innovation and empower the individual maker.
Engage and empower global communities of designers, engineers, fabricators and automotive enthusiasts to solve local problems, locally, through distributed making.
Foster open collaboration in order to drive faster, more cost-effective, more thorough product development to drive improved safety and quality.
Make transportation more sustainable globally by empowering maker profitability, defending and advancing the environment, and improving safety and well-being.
Strive to succeed in the face of failure; meet deadlines regardless of obstacles; exceed expectations in the design, development and distribution of critical tools, services and finished products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing strategies and executing plans for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Identify and engage target customer in assigned area of responsibility
- Own the sales process from prospect to lead to closed deal
- Make recommendations when needed on sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist defining of sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the sales, marketing, product and engineering teams
- Manage and drive area of responsibility performance against a planned budget
- Balance clients’ needs with LM business objectives and target account plans
- Manages the client relationship at all levels and functions
- Coordinates with client on logistical situations in order to support and optimize the supply chain
- Investigates and resolves complaints on a timely basis, and within stated policies and procedures
- Prepare documents such as proposals, price quotes, MOU’s, competitive analysis and service obligations within the policy guidelines of LM and the Sales Department
- Submits routine/timely client updates, monthly reports, area performance reports, expense reports and budgets
- Understands the technical details of local motors products relative to the use of the product as it relates to the customers’ application
- Provides technical support to client through pre/post sales engineering
- Maintain strong market awareness and understanding by studying market developments and competitive advancements – Inform team/colleagues at LM of competitive marketing dynamics including: competitive products, promotional sales, selling techniques, prices, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook) and ability to effectively use Zoho CRM software
- Attends relevant industry events in support of LM
- Coordinate client deliverables with relevant departments within LM
- A willingness to accept overnight travel demands of 30-50% depending on geography
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with significant industry background
- 5 years in Sales and/or Sales Management
- Strong sense of customer focuses and demonstrates excellent sales and negotiations skills.
- Demonstrated Sales Management (hiring, deployment, development)
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach others
- Excellent communication skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.