Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Intern - CFS
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
This position is a 16 week part-time position (20 hours per week) at the national office in Phoenix, Arizona from January 16th through May 4th.
The Make-A-Wish internship program is designed for current undergraduate or graduate students who have a goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience.
- Assisting Senior Manager, Accounting Support with 990 preparation for CFS chapters.
- Reviewing check requests submitted by chapters and entering invoices into the Financial Edge database
- Entering gift data into the Raiser’s Edge database
- Assist with the completion of annual audit process for CFS chapters
- Assisting with special projects as necessary
- Performing general administrative duties which support the Centralized Financial Services department
Primary tasks include:
The Accounting Internship will provide the opportunity to gain exposure to not-for-profit accounting. The intern will work the Senior Manager, Accounting Support, the CFS AP Team, and the CFS Donor Care Team to provide accounting and finance services to a portfolio of Make-A-Wish chapters. The intern will assist with 990 preparation, finalizing annual financial audits, processing revenue and expense transactions. The intern may assist with special projects that support initiatives to improve processes and efficiency for the department. Duties will also include administrative support to the Accounting Support Teams within the Centralized Financial Services (CFS) department of the National Office.
Qualifications: One internship is available per semester and applicants will be selected for an interview based on information provided in their cover letter and resume. Specific qualifications are as follows:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework or employment experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained in the daily interactions.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Outlook, and internet research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
The ideal intern will be a junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.