Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chapter Advancement Intern
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Position Title: Chapter Advancement Intern
Intern?Location: National Office
Duration: January 16th, 2018 - May 4th, 2018
Hours/Pay: 20 hours per week, $10/hour
The Make-A-Wish internship program is designed for current undergraduate or graduate students who have a goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience.
The Chapter Support Internship will provide the opportunity to assist the Chapter Support department in its efforts to advance leadership and other chapter initiatives for the Foundation’s 62 chapters across the United States to optimize delivery of Make-A-Wish’s mission.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework or employment experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with chapter information
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong customer service and interpersonal phone skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
- Proficiency in managing and building out spreadsheets
- Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
Duties & Responsibilities:
Throughout the internship, duties and responsibilities could include:
- Researching non-profit industry best practices and developing chapter resources and tools in the areas of fundraising, leadership and governance
- Assisting with support for various national committees and task forces
- Assisting with tools and resources needed for orientations, trainings and conferences
- Assisting with oversight of documents, calendars and news updates for intranet site
- Building reports and supporting project work plans
- Supporting with incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence (written and oral)
The ideal intern will be a Junior or Senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.
- Some knowledge or experience in non-profit, either through course work or professional experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and the Internet.