Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entertainment Relations Manager I
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Position Summary: Serve as the liaison between the entertainment industry and Make-A-Wish chapter representatives to manage the fulfillment of celebrity related wishes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches, cultivates, and maintains relationships with celebrity handlers, publicists, and community relations offices to support pending wish requests.
- Provides customer service to chapters and international affiliates to schedule wishes, plans the experience to fit the child and/or family needs, coordinates onsite support and manages wish experience expectations.
- Researches production schedules, fashion, and film related events for potential wish experiences.
- Supports the fulfillment of wishes that involve various celebrities related to film, television, fashion, video games, comedians, magicians, politicians, etc.
- Maintains information in Salesforce database and runs reports to review pending wishes, completed wishes, and general workload.
- Assists chapters in wish/event related tasks including booking hotels and travel arrangements, preparing wish family itineraries, and occasionally act as an onsite escort for the wish.
- Ensures complete understanding of the wish family needs and wants, medical and/or mobility issues, and schedule restrictions in order to seamlessly fulfill the request.
- Assists with the coordination of publicity requests, obtaining prior approval as needed.
- Assists in the development and updating of policies, procedures, and templates for wish fulfillments relating to entertainment and sporting events and/or personalities.
- Analyzes wish feedback in order to build on the successes and make improvements for future wish fulfillments.
- Assists in providing wish stories and pictures for various communication vehicles to enhance and/or increase the visibility of the organization acquiring the appropriate releases and approvals.
- Performs other related job duties, as assigned.
- Achieves Results – Execution, energy, results driven and action oriented.
- Succeeds through Teamwork and Collaboration – Team focused, cooperative, gains trust , networks, shares credit for accomplishments, shows openness to others views and feedback.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly – Candid, sincere, open, clear, concise, professional, keeps the right people and employees informed.
- Develops Self/Others – Seeks growth and improvement for self and employees, embraces development.
- Customer Focused – Seeks to exceed customer’s expectations and represent MAWA well while doing so.
- Works/Leads with Integrity and Professionalism – Lives MAWA’s values, is a positive influence, questions status quo, takes initiative and embraces change.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and plan successful events.
- Possess strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Engage effectively with professionals at all levels, both internally and external to the organization.
- Organize work, prioritize, and delegate to meet deadlines, and make timely decisions with sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Event Planning or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience working in the sports or celebrity industry and/or event planning.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically in Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience with Salesforce desired.
- Prior experience working in a non-profit organization desired.
- Work in an office environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- May require work outside a traditional Monday – Friday work week, and outside normal business hours.