Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Intern
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Duration: Spring—January 16, 2018 -May 4, 2018 (20 hours/week)
The Make-A-Wish internship program is designed for current undergraduate or graduate students who have a goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience.
The IT Internship(s) will provide the opportunity to support the National Office staff with computer hardware, software and technical support needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Throughout the internship, duties and responsibilities could include:
- Learn day-to-day functions of the IT department and provide assistance in streamlining processes where applicable
- Assist the department with new and existing projects, including hardware and software upgrades throughout the office
- Assist with creation of instructions and how-to guides
- Assist Help Desk with 1st level support calls
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software and application software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
- Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
Education & Experience: The ideal intern will be a junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree or higher; Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.