Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mission Resources Intern
at Make-A-Wish Foundation
Duration: Spring – January 16, 2018 – May 4, 2018 (20 hours/week)
The Make-A-Wish internship program is designed for current undergraduate or graduate students who have a goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience.
The Mission Advancement Internship will provide the opportunity to assist the Mission Advancement team, within the Chapter Advancement department, in its efforts to advance wish granting and other chapter initiatives for the Foundation’s 62 chapters across the United States to optimize delivery of Make-A-Wish’s mission.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework or employment experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with chapter information
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong customer service and interpersonal phone skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
- Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
Duties & Responsibilities:
Throughout the internship, duties and responsibilities could include:
- Providing support for national in-kind programs and wish granting resources
- Monitoring current events, both domestically and internationally, and travel warnings
- Projects may include an emphasis on travel wishes, volunteer recruitment, retention, recognition and training and general wish granting.
- Researching non-profit industry best practices and developing chapter resources and tools in the areas of wish-granting, leadership and volunteer management
- Developing chapter tools and resources to help facilitate high quality wish granting at chapters across the country
- Assisting with support for various national committees and task forces
- Assisting with tools and resources needed for orientations, trainings and national conferences
- Assisting with oversight of documents, calendars and news updates for intranet site
The ideal intern will be a Junior or Senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, apply online at https://jobs.wish.org/epostings.
Please send all specific inquiries to Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls.
Interviews are ongoing and an offer can be at any time.