Marc Community Resources, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician (Part Time)
at Marc Community Resources, Inc.
Summary of Position:
Marc Community Resources employees provide quality services to enhance individuals with disabilities live an everyday lifestyle. Services are provided in group homes; apartment living, day programs work related programs and in the community. A Behavioral Health Technician promotes active treatment and a positive environment for individuals as identified in their treatment plan, behavior plan, or vision recovery. All employees are required to adhere to all HIPAA and ACA Code of Ethics.
- As applicable; assist, teach, coach, and mentor individuals in skills of daily living to include but is not limited to: housekeeping, personal hygiene and grooming, budgeting, shopping, community activities and community resources;
- Ensure the daily completion of goals identified in the persons Treatment Plan, Behavior Plan, or Vision Recovery;
- Demonstrate skills in planning, implementing, and coordinating health promotion strategies including health and wellness activities;
- As applicable; assist in the planning and preparation of menus consisting of well balanced meals and meeting applicable diet needs as required;
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to agency policies, licensure.
- Valid paperwork/Documentation meeting required timelines;
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to input all required data;
- All other job duties as assigned;
Essential Mental Functions:
- Problem solving
- Adapting to changing environments
- Visual monitoring of environments
- Ability to assess behavioral situations and utilize crisis management as applicable
- Ability to assess behavioral situations*
- Ability to utilize crisis management
- Instructing and training of others
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
Must maintain body equilibrium as well as finger dexterity, but not limited to the following:
- Visual acuity
- Driving Agency Vehicles(approved drivers)
- Bending/Twisting/ Turning
- Ability to lift safely
- Agency vehicles (approved drivers)
- Household appliances (if applicable)
- Computers (including e-mail, NextGen, Kronos and other applicable electronics)
- Telephones, cell phones, and fax machines
Health & Safety:
- Maintains a safe and hazard free work environment;
- Reports to supervisor the malfunction of equipment;
- Reasonable thought processes in emergency situations;
- Reports potential infections, infestations, accidents, and incidents completing applicable reporting paperwork and reporting procedures;
- Understands health and safety of the individuals and ensuring a safe work environment;
- Exercises good driving habits including not talking or texting on cell phones;
- Excellent positive verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive non-verbal skills;
- Ability to listen and understand others;
- Ability to use/work technology devices, i.e. I-Pads, computers, cell phones, telephones, GPS, ability to organize data, with the ability to exchange accurate information electronically;
- Coaches and mentors co-workers as directed;
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and works as a team;
- Dependable, reliable, professional and shows maturity;
- Demonstrates ability to adhere to agency policies, licensure.
- Uses positive tone of voice and verbiage with co-workers, individuals, family members/guardians;
- Shows dignity and respect to the individuals, family members, and guardian and outside entities;
- Maintains professionalism within the workplace and the community;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years old. Requires any combination of training, education, and experience listed below:
- Has a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health;
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has an associate degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, or
- Four years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or
- Satisfactory work history as determined by the Human Resources.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.