Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
The General Laborer performs a variety of tasks such as laundry, cleaning, and related janitorial duties in support of the organizations daily operational needs.
This position rotates shifts every four months with shifts being: 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and 10:00 am to 6:30 pm and requires regular weekend and holiday availability.
- Position Qualifications
Minimum education and/or experience:
A minimum of six (6) months work experience in commercial laundry, custodial, maintenance, cleaning or closely related field.
NOTE: The hiring process will include: interview, background investigation and a polygraph and TB testing.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of :
- The operation of commercial laundry equipment.
- Procedures related to the mixing of chemicals used in washing soiled clothing.
- Materials, equipment and procedures, used in custodial work.
- Effective communication in English both oral and written.
- Learn operation of powered cleaning equipment and occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Follow verbal and written instructions in the English language.
- Operate industrial cleaning equipment used to strip, wax and buff floors.
- Prioritize a variety of tasks and/or emergencies.
- Understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position.
Preferred training, certifications and/or other special requirements:
OSHA training is preferred.
This position requires working in a secured detention environment and may require working in close proximity with detained youth.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Operates industrial cleaning equipment used to strip, wax and buff floors.
- Cleans up and disposes of bio-hazardous waste.
- Sorts, washes, dries and folds laundry including clothes, shoes, sheets and blankets.
- Maintains inventory of clean laundry in the detention facility.
- Performs custodial work and routine cleaning tasks including sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming and cleaning restrooms.
- Performs non-routine cleaning tasks as needed and assigned by supervisor.
- Distributes clean laundry to detention units.
- Demonstrates appropriate time management skills.
- Demonstrates reliable attendance at work and the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (80 hours within a two-week period).
- Selection Procedure
The Maricopa County Human Resources Department performs recruitment, assessment and other personnel functions on behalf of the Judicial Branch and its departments. The Maricopa County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates considered to be the most highly qualified. Those selected will be assessed based on evaluation of listed education and experience. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a pool provided by Human Resources.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to the midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowance.
All Judicial Branch offers of employment and continued employment are contingent upon passing a thorough background/fingerprint check. Applicants must completely and fully answer any questions regarding felony and misdemeanor convictions including any convictions that have been expunged or set aside. Failure to include criminal history information is grounds for termination of an offer and employment. A conviction may not automatically disqualify an applicant.
Judicial Branch facilities are located throughout Maricopa County. This position may be reassigned to other locations. Assignments will be made based upon the needs of the department.