Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Control Program Lead, Director
at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank® and become a part of one of the world's leading financial groups. Union Bank is a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Under direction of the Business Control Program Manager, this role provides direct support and oversight on assigned projects to ensure that the risks of new/modified products/channels/services are identified, monitored and tracked and the appropriate controls are delivered. This is performed through a well-documented mapping between Product/Service Risk Assessments (PSRA), Rules and Regulations, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Business Unit Compliance Risk Assessment (BUCRA), Business Requirements Document (BRD), User Acceptance Tests (UAT), policies, procedures and other relevant risk and project artifacts. By developing rigorous change control processes, the Business Control Program Lead ensures that impacted controls and change deliverables (procedures, process maps, training, communication, etc.) are in alignment with required rules, regs and policies to deliver an environment with the appropriate mitigating controls. The Business Control Program Lead will collaborate in delivering a well-documented, repeatable process to operationalize the function for assigned Regional Bank initiatives.
- Responsible for connecting assigned project workstreams with the required risk partners to ensure delivery of compliant processes, systems and operations.
- Facilitation of agreements between the workstreams and partners to ensure solutions are acceptable to the business and provide adequate controls.
- Map existing inventory of PSRAs to transformation scope, confirm the current state, ensure production of target-state PSRAs, and document areas being modified.
- Supports the collection of business requirements from partners in all impacted risk stripes.
- Facilitate compromises that will meet required standards.
- Develop and maintain a detailed traceability of PSRA, BUCRA, RCSA, BRD, UAT, rules, regs, policies, procedures, training and communication plans for specific assigned projects.
- Tracks and monitors issues and risk acceptances through the process for assigned projects.
- Utilize rigorous change control within the project framework to ensure that items modified and de-scoped are cascaded through the detailed traceability process for identification of impacts to controls and other deliverables.
- Align workstream WBS and schedule with overall project WBS.
- Track and report project and workstream risks and issues with clearly documented plans for resolution or mitigationTrack detailed metrics in support of PMO and funding activities.
- Manage the workstream budget including resources/time, travel and expenses.
- Ensure delivery of business adoption deliverables within the project framework to support controls including procedures, training, and communication.
- Ensure controls are adequately tested through review of UAT scripts, test plans, UAT results.
- Facilitate/support committee approval of PSRA.
- Coordinates the development of acceptable operational thresholds for controls; define monitoring routines and reporting with handoff to operations upon launch.
- Contributes and supports communication and reporting routines with first, second and third line risk functions to include ARC and ECA.
- Coordinate responses to specific project audits of risk and control functions.
10+ years in program/project delivery, risk disciplines and/or operational roles
BA/BS degree with applicable certifications preferred
Extensive experience in program and project management
- Strong understanding of operational risk management and compliance
- Ability to influence senior leaders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience presenting to and interacting with all levels of executive leadership
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.