Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Unit Controller Analyst
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Business Unit Controller (BUC) VP in the Controllers and Tax Services Department of MUFG Bank Ltd in New York, the candidate will have a responsibility to assist with accounting and financial reporting matters focusing on financial instruments such as derivatives, securities, repurchase agreements and structured loans. This would include supporting the period-end close process, responding to financial reporting requests, and identification and escalation of significant or unusual transactions to BUC.
- Ability to manage multiple work tasks independently to meet department deadlines
- 75% reporting period-end close: preparation of monthly journal entries and work papers.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reports for each product type and responding to requests for information from regulatory reporting and head office reporting groups
- 25% other projects such as new products approvals, assisting with auditor's periodic confirmation process, special projects
- Expertise in Excel including knowledge of pivot tables, formulas, arrays etc. with the ability to design new spreadsheets as needed
- Prior reporting experience with an understanding of general ledger and knowledge of writing journal entries is needed
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Good interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Organizes the work to be performed in a logical, sequential method, while applying consideration to cost/resource, schedule, and quality constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Previous experience with financial instruments preferred
- Candidate should have an strong interest in learning about the products managed by the group
- Good social skills that allow for building and maintaining client relationships with other business unit managers and staff across the bank
- Support change management at the Unit level
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to build opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.