Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Transformation Project Manager, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
MUFG Americas is transforming into a more agile company powered by resilient, flexible technology to enhance:
- Client experience. Deliver a competitive and differentiated experience for our clients. Customer needs and expectations are increasing. What is differentiated today will simply be competitive tomorrow.
- Business agility. Enabling our businesses to move fast through an agile working model. The pace of change is increasing and becoming an agile organization is a competitive necessity for us.
- Collaboration. Create a modern and collaborative workplace for our colleagues. Technologies will allow us to partner more effectively in real time. We will change our behavior to become speedier, simpler, and more transparent.
- Compliance. Ensure that compliance, risk management, and privacy are built into all that we do.
- Growth. Provide a growth-oriented and efficient enterprise so we can deliver on our strategic goals and meet the expectations of our shareholders.
All MUFG colleagues have a hand in transforming our business. This transformative effort will re-shape the MUFG experience; enabling us to better meet and exceed our clients' expectations. It starts with each of us working individually to the best of our abilities and all of us collaborating as One MUFG.
Reporting to the Data Transformation Program Manager, this position will provide program and project management services for initiatives in data transformation. This role will be responsible for planning, developing, managing and implementing projects or initiatives to accomplish goals and business objectives.
- Supports Data Transformation Program Manager with project management of strategic and tactical initiatives:
- Manage multiple business projects, including project plan development, coordination of project deliverables, testing and implementation
- Manage the tracking, communication and resolution of complex business or project issues, mitigate risks
- Ongoing intake and prioritization of development efforts, including scoping, resource planning and supporting project / portfolio governance as needed
- Collecting and collating information, assessing and reporting on the execution of standalone and complex, cross-functional projects including issue management, escalation, management communications, KPI tracking and reporting
- Develop and deliver management and project-related presentations as needed
- Liaise with other groups (e.g. IT, CDO, Risk, Operations, Legal, etc.) for project coordination and reporting
- Implement and/or administer program/project governance requirements
- Identify process improvement and lessons learned to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of program management
- A BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or PM certification with equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience as a project manager or comparable experience
- Knowledge of Finance/Risk and Bank core systems
- Experience with complex organizational structures
- Banking industry experience and knowledge of banking organization, operations and technology a plus
- MBA, CPA, PMP/CAPM and/or Six Sigma/LEAN certification a plus
- Big 4 or top tier management consulting experience a plus
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present to large groups
- Ability to lead meetings, facilitate resolution of differing views
- Experienced in using MS Office products
- Must possess leadership skills and be very proactive in approach
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business benefits
- Ability to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust and respect throughout the organization and be viewed as a team player
- Ability to be an influential business support partner who can work with and garner support from cross-functional managers and staff
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of management within and outside of Finance