Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Operations Representative
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10026885-WD
Join a financial group that's as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better-from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world's most trusted financial group.
Perform complex loan functions related to the processing of Commercial Lending, Syndications, Real Estate Construction and Asset Based Financing.
- Perform loan accounting functions using multiple loan systems i.e. Real Estate Construction (RCL), Asset Based Lending (ABL) and the Automated Financial System (AFS).
- Interpret requests for boarding new and renewed loans and determine the structural hierarchy.
- Ensure modifications to codes are processed accurately to maintain optimum data integrity.
- Communicate with the Bank's liaisons and lenders regarding the borrowers loan status.
- Adhere to processing deadlines established to ensure compliance with the department's service level commitment.
- Perform multiple tasks to service a diverse group of borrowers.
- Tasks includes but are not limited to servicing non accrual loans, syndicated credits, risk participations, government secured loans, partially international related facilities and other products offered by the Bank.
- Ensure tasks performed meet all regulatory requirements issued for Sarbanes-Oxley, FDICIA, Auditing and Bank policy.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the lending offices to resolve discrepancies.
- Settle accrual discrepancies between the Banks records and the syndicated agent.
- Perform multiple tasks to prepare and disseminate demand payoffs.
- Participate in discussions regarding the servicing and boarding of creative loan structures with lenders and Loan System Support Administration.
- Propose ways to service new products and facilities to ensure accurate reporting.
- Perform steps to certify the Bank's general ledger to the loan accounting system.
- Analyze and monitor exception reports to avoid unnecessary bank exposure.
- Train less experienced staff on new products and procedures.
- Continuously exercise sound judgment to protect the bank
- Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D and 3-5 or more years of experience
- Previous experience with commercial loans preferred
- Strong PC skills required especially Microsoft office and Excel
- Excellent mathematical ability as needed to perform multi-step calculations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!