Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Direct Consultant, Spanish Bilingual - Tempe
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Mortgage Direct (MD) Consultant is responsible for originating mortgage loans via inbound and outbound phone calls and web contacts in the Mortgage Direct call center. Using consultative selling, Mortgage Rep completes loan interviews over the phone with customers, leads and prospects and matches the Bank's mortgage products to needs. Responsible for completing comprehensive loan application packages and submitting them to a centralized processing center. Responds to inbound calls driven by marketing, advertising and other sources to sell and originate mortgage loans. Responsible for making outbound sales calls for retention, acquisition and/or web campaigns including chat. Cultivates referral relationships with the Bank branches to grow loan origination volumes.
- 60% - Consultative inbound and outbound phone selling of mortgage loan products including determining needs and matching product benefits, taking applications and cultivating referral business.
- 25% - Complete and submit complete, high-quality comprehensive loan packages to centralized processing center and manage pipeline. Activities include proper and timely completion of required disclosures, collecting appropriate fees and customer follow-up for conditions and status.
- 10% - Ensure compliance with all bank and regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines including Fair Lending and Community Reinvestment Act objectives.
- 5% - Meetings, training and other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of documented ability to meet or exceed sales goals through consultative selling is required.
- Mortgage or consumer lending experience highly preferred.
- Call center experience preferred.
- Self-starter and strong desire to achieve individual and team goals is required. Comfort and ability to make outbound phone sales is required.
- Organization and time management abilities are required for success in fast-paced call center environment.
- High School diploma or GED
This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.