Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regulatory Reporting Analyst
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Regulatory Reporting Analyst reports to the Regulatory Reporting Manager and is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and filing of various FR Y-14 Q&M (Quarterly & Monthly) regulatory reports in compliance with all regulatory requirements, Company policies and procedures. This position handles and coordinates multiple cross-functional regulatory reporting efforts impacting the Controller's, Risk, and Line of Business organizations.
- You will be preparing Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR) FR Y-14 (Quarterly & Monthly) regulatory reports. This will include performing Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR) report analysis and reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely filing of various regulatory reports to the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB).
- Deep understanding of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to preform analytical procedures over income statement, balance sheet accounts and cash flow statements focused on evaluating trends to be in line with expectations and providing variance explanations for anomalies in fluctuations.
- Support Regulatory Capital external reporting requirements to the FRB & liaise with individual business divisions and partners.
- Experienced with understanding and implementing multiple types of banking related regulatory requirements including detailed knowledge of SEC, FFIEC & FR Y-9. Ability to compare and contrast requirements found between Instructional guidance for all types of Regulatory Reporting mentorship.
- Exposure to bank-specific Income Statements and Balance Sheet. Must be able to utilize and explain complex drivers of key Income Statement and Balance Sheet metrics.
- Research and implement new and revised FR Y-14 Q&M regulatory reporting requirements and communicate the reporting and regulatory data requirements to business partners.
- Prepare and maintain current, accurate, and detailed standalone desktop procedures in a standard that meets the regulatory standard.
- Perform End-User Computing (EUC) testing and logic inspection of the assigned schedules to ensure controls are effective around the completeness and accuracy of the data.
- Lead the execution of selected process improvements and remediation of management-identified issues. This function entails liaising with IT groups to formulate business requirements and system change requests.
- Ability to read and build files in Extensible Markup Language (XML) including utilizing schema systems to evaluate and review final production files.
- Recommend procedural changes / process improvement opportunities to streamline our process, anticipate problems, and enhance accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the reporting process. Provide status updates to Regulatory Reporting Manager and various project managers.
- Responsible for execution of selected process enhancements and remediation of management-identified issues.
- Ad hoc projects and reports, as requested, including participation in the regulatory reporting automation project.
- Minimum 4 years related experience, including a minimum of 2 years' experience in accounting and reporting functions.
- Degree in Accounting or CPA / Chartered Accountant, with public accounting experience and banking industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to regulatory reporting (particularly CCAR FR Y-14 Q&M schedules), internal controls, data management, and governance concepts desired
- Strong analytical skills. Good understanding of FR Y 9C is highly desired.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet tight filing deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to run multiple priorities and cope with moving targets.
- Knowledge of banking / financial services industry and financial products (Retail Loans, Wholesale Loans, Securities).
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Accounting or finance degree is required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.