Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wholesale Banking BSA/AML Program Coordinator, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10022591-WD
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Non-Profit/Social Services, Management - Project / Program, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank® and become a part of one of the world's leading financial groups. Union Bank is a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the world's 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The VP - BSA/AML Program Coordinator will be in a highly critical and visible role, reporting to the Director Wholesale AML Advisory and will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Wholesale Banking providing technical regulatory guidance on complex and high risk BSA/AML compliance subjects. Additionally, the individual will provide support and subject matter expertise on enterprise wide projects to ensure BSA/AML risks and solutions are defined, tested, and implemented.
- The VP - BSA/AML Program Coordinator will be responsible for working with fellow stakeholders within Financial Crimes Compliance and business partners to facilitate feedback on efforts related to process improvement, program enhancements, and strategic alignment with business and other Bank-wide programs relating to Wholesale Banking.
- Supporting BSA Program Office management to provide SME advice on Wholesale Banking risks to Business Units which utilize Wholesale Banking offerings;
- Interfacing on Wholesale Banking matters with the First Line of defense and providing support to the Director Wholesale AML Advisory relating to Wholesale Banking product offerings and related projects;
- Support BSA Program Office's oversight over Wholesale Banking-related AML processes conducted by the First Lines of Defense;
- Develop and expand BSA Program Office's relationships with First Line partners;
- Support reporting for senior management review of Wholesale Banking risks;
- Participate in and/or monitor progress of Internal Audit engagements relating to Wholesale Banking to ensure senior management are informed, as needed;
- Provide Line of Business Oversight for AML Compliance such as issues management and new products;
- Ensure First Line procedures are consistent with, are comprehensive, and align to the Bank's AML policies;
- Maintain awareness of and complete Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) on Wholesale Banking products/services, as needed;
- Maintain awareness of and complete Products & Services Risk Assessments (PSRAs) on Wholesale Banking products/services, as needed;
- Participate in key Wholesale Banking initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree, at a minimum, required
- 7-10 years' experience in compliance and risk management;
- Strong understanding of Wholesale products and U.S. banking regulations;
- ACAMS certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!