Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Case Manager - East Valley
View On Map
Job Status: Full Time
- Engage in nursing and care coordination under the supervision of a registered nurse or licensed physician as defined in A.R.S. 32-1601 of the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Assess or contribute to the assessment of OrthoArizona’s patient’s health status by:
- Recognizing patient characteristics that may affect their outcome throughout an episode of care. For example, conducting preoperative risk assessments, ongoing assessments and evaluations to ensure patients are appropriate for surgery or healing as expected.
- Gathering and recording health information/assessment data
- Demonstrating attentiveness by observing, monitoring, and reporting changes in the patient’s condition in an ongoing manner to the supervising RN or physician, in accordance to OrthoArizona’s policies and procedures.
- Develop or contribute to the development and ongoing modification of the patients plan of care by:
- Planning episodic care plans
- Assist the RN or physician in identification of client needs and goals
- Determine priorities of care with the interdisciplinary care team
- Collaborates with OrthoArizona leaders and physicians to provide appropriate support and resources for physicians and team members in performance of their duties to maintain high-quality and efficient patient care.
- Effectively communicate with executive leadership, clinic and physician leadership, team members, and physicians.
- Implement aspects of a patients care (consistent with his/her licensed nursing scope of practice) in a timely and accurate manner, including:
- Follow RN or physician orders, seeking clarification when needed to promote safety and quality, cost-efficient care.
- Attending to patient and family concerns and requests within organizational policy and procedure
- Providing health information to patients as directed by the supervising RN or physician in accordance to policy/procedure.
- Communicate relevant and timely patient information with other health team members regarding:
- Patient status, response(s), and progress to treatment/care plan
- Patient/family needs or requests that impact the treatment/care plan and overall satisfaction of care.
Skill / Requirements
- Critical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Exercises professional judgment
- Problem analysis and problem solving