Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Activity Therapy
at Oasis Behavioral Health
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Recreation Therapy provides a means of creative expression and to facilitate the learning skills of coping skills during hospitalization and after discharge in the community.
• Creates an environment that allows the patient to explore his/her own potential, cultivate positive morale and minimize distress.
• Assesses patients using information from observations, medical records, standardized assessments, the medical staff, and the patient themselves.
• Develops and implements therapeutic interventions consistent with the clients’ needs and interests.
• Performs patient care in accordance with identified needs and established policies, procedures and protocols.
• Evaluates patient’s response to interventions. Modifies treatment plan appropriately.
• Works in conjunction or collaboration with physicians, nurses, psychologists, and social workers.
• Documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Provide therapeutic activities for assigned patients per physician order and program schedule.
• Assess patient needs and facilitate activities that are appropriate to age, development, needs and interests of the patients served.
• Document assessment and therapy sessions in the medical record per hospital requirements.
• Seek clinical supervision and support when complications arise in therapeutic setting or therapy sessions.
• Act to preserve patient safety during activities.
• Maintain current knowledge of activities therapy methods and techniques.
• Research best practices and program models.
• Modify program using patient and staff feedback and research data to improve program quality and effectiveness.
• Provide services as a member of the multidisciplinary team and as directed by the attending physician, the Director of Acute and Outpatient Clinical Services and the patient treatment plan.
• Communicate with clinical management any change in a patient’s status, including health or behavior.
• Interact with patients, family members, external entities, and internal staff professionally and respectfully.
• Create a treatment environment that supports OBH’s mission to provide exemplary patient care and service.
• Act to preserve patient and family dignity.
• Receives clinical oversight by a licensed behavioral health professional at least one hour for every 40 hours worked.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or closely related field.
• Certification from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• CPI Certified
• Two (2) years clinical experience in a behavioral health setting, with at least one years’ experience applying activities therapy methods and techniques preferred.