Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Phoenix Suns
This position is responsible to patrol and report any activity that may involve acts of crime, terrorism, vandalism or policy and procedure infractions on the property of the Talking Stick Resort Arena. Their information will be reported to the Security Control Room where it will be determined what course of action will be taken to correct the situation followed up by preparing a written report of all accounts of the incident/situation.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Patrol all levels and exterior of the Talking Stick Resort Arena
- Observe and report damage or theft of the company property
- Screen employees, guests and vendors for access to the facility
- Respond to, evaluate and notify individuals of fire alarms inside the Talking Stick Resort Arena
- Demonstrate the ability to handle issues with the intent of resolution based on training provided, policy and procedures
- Have a strong working knowledge of all security posts with the ability to exercise good judgment in a professional manner at each position. These positions include, but are not limited to: The Security Control Room, Guest Services desk, South Gate, Patrol
- Complete initial investigations on incidents and document through written correspondence using the basic fundamentals of report writing. This will include working on Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.). Security officers will conduct follow-up investigations as needed to assist in determining the relevant outcome to the investigation.
- Enforce company policy and procedure.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Displays initiative and assertiveness
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to utilize good judgment
- Able to think on your feet and process information quickly.
- Provide excellent customer service skills
- H.S. Diploma
- Prior law enforcement or military background a plus
- 2 -3 years security experience
- Valid Arizona’s driver’s license to operate company vehicles and carts
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- The security department has three shifts. While there is a set schedule, employees must be available to work all three shifts due to business needs which could include evenings, weekends, some holidays and some overtime.
- This position will require employees to work out in the heat and cold as necessary.
- Due to the nature of our business, there will be events with loud music (sounds checks and concerts).
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer