Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ANTICIPATED EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITIONS (2019-2020 SY)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Reference #: 2557
Categories: Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 3/18/2019
- ANTICIPATED EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITIONS (2019-2020 SY) JobID: 2557
- Position Type:
LEADERSHIP/EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - TBD
- Date Posted:
CEE- CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE(LEADERSHIP)
- Closing Date:
03/18/2019 Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
- Provides leadership for collaborative teams to ensure that initiatives related to administration are results-oriented, increase student achievement, and are aligned with the District’s mission, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Serves as a team member of the Superintendent’s Leadership Team and participates in district-wide planning, development, and evaluation to support divisional initiatives and processes.
- Directs and provides leadership to assigned personnel, conducts performance appraisals, makes recommendations for appropriate employment actions, and promotes professional growth.
- Facilitates solutions and identifies discrepancies between goals and current status for areas of responsibility in order to stimulate achievement, and provide support for assigned departments continuous improvement objectives and strategies.
- Maintains good public relations with parents, businesses, and community groups to provide information and receive feedback, and represents schools at district-level functions as needed.
- Provides input in the development of policies and administrative guidelines for areas of responsibility, and supports the implementation of programmatic goals and objectives on a district-wide basis.
- Directs the development, maintenance, updating, and distribution of the District’s administrative procedural guidelines, employee agreements and School Board policies and ensures compliance with Board rules and applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Advises and counsels the Superintendent on areas of responsibility and recommends necessary actions for the most efficient operation.
- Exercises proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the District and empowers others to make decisions and carry out responsibilities in support of the District’s objectives.
- Serves as a member of the recruitment and selection team for leadership positions; assists with the recruitment, selection, and placement of administrative and instructional personnel; participates in the transfer of assignment of personnel and programs between/among schools; and assists with organizational analysis and development.
- Builds synergistic partnerships among principals, parents, businesses, and other community stakeholders, and establishes relationships with community leadership and stakeholders to build support for PUHSD programs. Represents the Superintendent of Schools as needed to clearly articulate system priorities, policies, and interests.
- Works with legal staff on personnel and other related matters as appropriate.
- Serves with other educational leaders on work groups, committees, and project action teams that directly support schools.
- Assists in implementing programs, policies, and philosophy of the District to staff, students, and community.
- Provides input to the Superintendent’s staff to develop an annual budget and allocation of resources.
- Provides input for the preparation of collective bargaining/interest based negotiations and the School Board meeting agenda.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and serves as a district representative at emergency shelters as determined by the Superintendent.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Educational Administration, Public Administration, or related field, or an equivalent of education, training and experience combined.
- Successful experience in public school administration, public school district administration, or leadership of other large, diverse organizations.
- Five years of related supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, assessment, personnel administration and educational technology.
- A strong background in Leadership/Management skills.
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE||Executive Director||DIVISION:||General Administration|
|WORK YEAR:||12 Months||DEPARTMENT:|
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the Leadership Team, provides supervision and leadership for the translation of the District’s Educational philosophy, strategic goals, and objectives into active services and programs that directly benefit each student. Effectively assists the Superintendent in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, monitoring and maintaining exceptional educational programs and services at each school in the District.
LICENSES AND REQUIREMIENTS:
A valid Arizona administrative certificate, preferred.
Assigned Division and staff
|PREPARED BY:||APPROVED BY ||APPROVED BY PERSONNEL:||EFFECTIVE DATE|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!