PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional - CASA GRANDE
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Under general supervision of the Coordinator, Manager and/or Director, will be supervised to receive the established training, one-on-one training, successfully complete training assessments that will review visual, verbal and written competencies. After successful completion of all competency assessments, will be promoted to the DSP driver/non driver position.
Driver- MVR reviewed and qualified as approved driver.
Non-Driver – Voluntary selection by incumbent to be a Non Driver/Waiver, or after review of MVR – not cleared to be a driver.
- High School diploma, or G.E.D, in addition, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and MVR clearance to gain agency approval and must be able to drive.
- Must be 18 years if age or older.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to transport clients.
- Must possess and maintain a Level I Fingerprint Card and Background Clearance. If not, must be eligible to apply and receive Level I AZ DPS Fingerprint Card and pass Background Clearance.
- Must possess and maintain CPR, First Aid, and Article 9. If not, must receive CPR, First Aid and Article 9 training within first 30 days of employment.
- Must successfully complete QMAT training and pass/perform all Medication Administration duties, Prevention and Supports certification.
- Will be required to possess and maintain all on-going training requirements.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English language as required for this position and service to clients
- One year of college studies involving nursing, sociology or psychology.
- One year of prior work experience involving the direct care of IDD adults in a residential or day program setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see and hear in order to monitor clients.
- Must be fully ambulatory and able to frequently lift, push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs and assist consumers in moving household items if necessary.
- Must be able to remain calm and non-defensive with a supportive attitude during crisis or potential crisis.
Special Notes: In-service training requirements. Due to Department of Health Services and the Division of Behavioral Health requirements, some positions in this category are required to provide medical clearance. Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that this category may have a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B Vaccine will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Visit our website at www.ppepintegratedcare.com to see what we're about!
MUST APPLY ONLINE!
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED