Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Asst I - Asst. Principal
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the school office so that it will have the maximum positive impact on the education of children.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of computers, calculators and general office technologies and software.
- Ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, staff and general public.
- Must pass fingerprint and background clearance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., be able to exert 25 –30 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, and to sit for long periods of time.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Greet all visitors courteously, determine their needs, check appointments and direct or escort them to proper person.
- Serve as Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Principal.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties involving typing and transcribing, correspondence, memoranda and written materials.
- Answer office telephone and respond appropriately to request for information.
- Report immediately any suspicious activity or unusual behavior on the part of visitors. Maintain a log of visitors to the school.
- Maintain appointment book and make appointments for Assistant Principal.
- Schedule appointments and meetings and maintain a calendar for school activities.
- Prepare procedures for end of year check-out for staff.
- Maintain an attractive reception area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 11-Month, General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter L
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Assistant Principal
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week; 7:00am-3:00pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)