Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To provide safe and efficient transportation to and from school and special events in a positive and effective manner.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger, “S”, and Air Brake endorsements.
- Must be able to pass a School Bus Drivers Physical examination, per Federal and State Department of Transportation Laws, including substance abuse screening.
- Must pass the State of Arizona Physical Performance Test for School Bus Drivers.
- Must have current Level One fingerprint card.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Observe all traffic laws, safety regulations, and District policies.
- Comply with all Arizona Minimum Standards for bus drivers.
- Operate all vehicles in a sale, efficient manner and transport only authorized students and personnel.
- Communicate with Director, vehicle drivers, and District staff in a professional manner.
- Drive all routes and/or assignments as designed, on schedule, and discharge passengers only at authorized bus stops.
- Identify, by name, the majority of students that ride the bus.
- Maintain discipline on the bus and report student discipline problems to the Director.
- Cooperate with the Director in basic checkout and emergency procedures.
- Provide departmental reports as requested.
- Complete written reports and discuss with Director all accidents, vehicle damage, and student injury situations.
- Report and request in writing, all necessary vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Keep interior of assigned bus in clean condition.
- Attend mandatory departmental meetings.
- Know how to operate a mechanical wheelchair lift and be able to secure wheelchairs in the bus is so equipped.
- Perform mandatory pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections properly.
- Maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to staff and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Directory and/or his/her designee.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may be required to move and control an adult-sized wheelchair. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move a student with disabilities.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme cold; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 MONTH; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter M
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation and/or Transportation Supervisor
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)