Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This position is for the 2020-2021 school.
Organize and administer the occupational therapy component of the education program for children and youth with disabilities. The OT supports academic and non-academic outcomes including social skills, math, reading, writing, recess, participation in sports, self-help skills, prevocational/vocational participation, and other services as deemed appropriate.
- Completed program in occupational therapy.
- Current license to practice occupational therapy in the State of Arizona.
- Valid fingerprint clearance card
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Experience or interest in pediatrics desired.
- Able to bend and lift 50 lbs., and sit and stand for long periods of time
Responsibilities shall include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with IEP team to address student needs identified in annual goals and determine the services, supports, modifications, and accommodations that are required for students to achieve their goals.
- Provide developmentally appropriate assessments of students in their educational environment which takes into account the level of participation in school activities, barriers limiting student participation, need for assistive technology, and methods of alternate assessment for students with severe needs.
- Manage time, organize materials, and communicate with IEP team to effectively manage cases of assigned children.
- Utilize individualized occupational therapy interventions for children with disabilities.
- Participate in supervising clinical interns as needed.
- Supervise certified occupational therapy assistants.
- Develop and/or participate in professional enrichment activities to maintain a high standard of service delivery.
- Engage in public awareness activities to assist consumers in understanding the services and outcomes of the occupational therapy profession in the educational settings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 191 day contract, general leave days per policy, GCCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, February 21, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)